Thursday, October 14, 2010

With This Ring

So what exactly has kept me away from blogging? Well many things, but 2 little rings had me really, really excited.

One day while Mr. ATC was at work, he sent me a few links of rings on clearance at Zales. While this would not be my first choice to look for wedding bands, Mr. ATC has a lot of experience shopping the Zales website and has used the clearance section before to score some great birthday and Christmas presents for myself and his sister and mother. The man has some serious taste in jewelry! :) 

Well of course I checked out the links he sent me and I really liked one of them. And it was 70% off! I hesitated because it could only be ordered in one size, and I wasn’t sure how thick/thin the band would be. Those online pictures can be deceiving!




We talked it over via IM (yes we still use this outdated form of communication because we both have macs) and decided to go ahead and purchase it and if I didn’t like it/ it couldn’t be sized then we had 100 days to return it. The price seriously could not be beat and we knew if we waited too long they would sell out.

It took a few days to get here but I absolutely LOVE it! It’s not too thin like I thought it would be, and it’s not too big either! It’s ½ size larger than my e-ring, but with it behind my e-ring, it doesn’t move around. So you’re probably wondering what the little beauty looks like now? 

I was super excited and almost forgot to document the moment (you can see the tap pulled off in the top right corner)


This is what I saw when I opened the box. A beautiful Zales box. All of my other boxes are plain and black. 



 And then I opened that sparkly box and found something even more sparkly :) 



I took it over to the window to get some shots in the natural lighting. 


Kitty DNA giving her sniff of approval. 




LOVEEEEEE 


And what they look like together on my hand <3333 



With the excitement of finding my ring (and for such a great deal) Mr. ATC set out to find the perfect ring for himself. He found a tungsten ring we both like from TungstenFashions.com. They have a great warranty, and their prices are amazing! He couldn’t decide between the 5mm and the 8mm, so he ordered both. We liked the 8mm and he easily returned the 5mm the next day. Here is his ring:


And ours together:




This one is definitely a balancing act. Our rings are the exact same size, but I love all the photos I have seen of the wife's ring inside her husband's. 



A little nod to Mr. ATC 


:) 


And with the XBOX controller 


So you may be wondering how much these babies cost. Here is the break down:

Zales Ring. ½ Carat round channel set with miligrain edge in 14K white gold. Sale price $215. 70 + tax 10.29 +shipping 7.95 = 233.24 BUT we got free shipping and 10% off so that was $17.95 off bringing the total to 215.99! Holy steal!

Mr. ATC’s ring was 45 some odd dollars (with free shipping) so our total was about $260 saving us 440 dollars from our budget!!!

Which had us both extremely excited!

Were you able to save a lot of money from one area of your budget that you thought you would probably go over? 

No comments:

Post a Comment