Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Online Wedding World

Wayyy before Mr. ATC and I got engaged, I became pretty obsessed with crafting blogs. I still follow a few to this day for DIY inspiration. Well this is where I learned that I would definitely (def, def, definitely) take on wedding projects. The idea of personalizing our day with crafts and projects that we (well mostly I) put our heart and soul into really touched me. And I hope it touches our guests in the same way.





After taking a forbidden peek (pre engagement) into the wedding section on oneprettything, I came across some DIY table numbers. I started thinking to myself. The following conversation took place:

Miss DNA: ‘how can I personalize our table numbers?’ 
Self: With pictures of course! 
Miss DNA: Which pictures? 
Self: Pictures of us travelling! 

Which turned into naming the tables after cities we have visited together with pictures of us in that city. We have travelled to numerous places together, and I knew a trip to Europe was also in the works at the time adding to our list of cities we have visited. 

Before I came across websites like The Knot and Wedding Bee, I thought my take on table numbers was pretty original. All of the weddings I have been to, the tables have been numbered or I was too young to remember/ pay attention to those things. So while it may not be original to the online wedding world, it will be pretty original to my family and friends. And that’s an idea that I can get on board with.


How has the online wedding world opened your eyes?


No comments:

Post a Comment