Tuesday, October 5, 2010

epic drama

ha! Just realized that could be read two different ways. Well since this is a wedding blog it is definitely related to engagement pictures but could also be epic.

Just wondering if I am taking this seemingly small engagement task too seriously. I am searching for the perfect outfits, clothing, shoes, accessories, props. Wanting to get my make-up done and hair blown out.

However, Mr. ATC thinks this is a little much for a little get together with our photographer.





Well today I started to think he was right. I spent numerous hours at the mall searching for the perfect cardigan which apparently doesn't exist, nor want to be found. Our pictures are in a little under 2 weeks. I still have time to find a sweater, but I'm just wondering if all that time searching was really necessary? Yes the perfect cardigan will complete my fall look, but maybe I should be a little more willing to settle on a cardigan (I mean, it IS just a sweater!).

Also, it doesn't seem to be working out with obtaining a makeup appointment. I had one at Clinique who doesn't require a ton of product buying, but they cancelled on me! What the!? I was kinda upset but then thought okay, there is another Clinique counter at the mall. But when I went there, they could only fit me in between 3-5. SO NOT going to work since we will be meeting our photographer an hour and a half away at 4!

I have really sensitive skin and I trust clinique products. I tried a few other counters but I just can't justify spending upwards of $50 to get my makeup done.

Hopefully something works out because I have really been looking forward to these photos. Even since before we were engaged. Having professional portraits of us would be really nice since the photos we do have of us are mostly self shots.

But maybe I am taking it a little too far? I know I am definitely not the type of girl who can pull off amazing makeup looks alone. I need a little more guidance.

Anyone else stressing over their epic look? If you were, how did you become more relaxed about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment