Monday, November 29, 2010

Wedding Lab: Creating our Save the Dates Part 3

Finally the good part! haha

Our magnet Save the Dates:





I heart them sooo much! Pretty freaking fantastic if you ask me! And what makes them even more extra special is that Mr. ATC put so much time and effort into creating them for me! Now that is love. 

I started looking around online at Save the Date options that I liked that I thought could be easily duplicated and of course stylish. I fell in love with this one from The Wedding Chicks: 



Mr. ATC didn't like the size of them for shipping costs. He is so practical, but it broke my heart. After actually figuring out why I loved it so much, I told him what I wanted in a STD and he produced it. What I really liked was using the calendar to show the date (especially the little heart detail. LOVEEEE), and a picture of us from our e-session. It doesn't hurt that the couple featured here are gorgeous and made me fall in love even more with this design :) A little while later, I decided I wanted to have a magnet Save the Date, that way our pretty little calendar and faces could be stuck on the fridge and not lost in the junk mail pile :) 

I am so thankful to have such a talented Fiance :) I could not have worked photoshop like that! He decided to put the picture of the Matterhorn as the background since that is where we got engaged and that makes it all the more personal. And even though he grumbled when I asked him to add "Formal Invitations to Follow" and the URL for our wedding website, he was able to include it all and still make it look great! 

Here is our little masterpiece again with envelopes: 

I have blurred out the URL for privacy, please don't strain your eyes trying to read it :) 


BTW, Vistaprint is awesome and where we had our magnets printed after the great printer disaster of 2010. I think it was the better option anyway because they wouldn't have turned out as glossy and finished looking. The quality is great, and they stick to the fridge really well. 

As for the condition they arrived to our potential guests? PERFECT! I was so happy when I talked to Sister DNA and hers was perfect, not wavy, and stuck to the fridge! Which means that everyone elses arrived impeccable as well, unless they got mangled in the mail. In which case, would not be my fault, but will gladly re-mail if this happened to any guests out there! 

Also, when Sister ATC received hers in the mail she called so excited that she received our invite, which then I had to explain was just a save the date. Her response was Oh, I haven't actually opened it yet! Haha. She said she didn't want to ruin the envelope. Mama DNA said the same thing. She also said she really liked the envelopes and thought that we had bought them that way! Just goes to show that at least some guests will appreciate how much time you put into the details :) Their response got me really excited about starting our invites! YAY! Now lets just hope that history doesn't repeat itself and there is no great printer disaster of 2011 when we print off our invitations! 

What style Save the Dates did you use? If you went with magnets, did you also use vistaprint? 




No comments:

Post a Comment