Wednesday, December 1, 2010

what do you call a wedding without a coordinator?

Unhitched.

Haha Get it!? Haha

*Crickets*

No?

Well let me explain.





Two weeks ago, I received an email from our venue's coordinator whose services are included in the events price for coordination and planning of said event and coordination day of. Awesome right!? Yeah we thought so too considering some places we looked at only offered day of coordination or day of and 7 hours of planning or so. I didn't like the idea of being told how often I could talk to someone who held all the information about the venue and event. So when we found our venue and there was no limit to how many emails I could send/ how many hours we could plan together, I knew it was going to work. To top it off, Bethany was amazingly warm, kind and bubbly. From the first time I met her, after numerous emails and a phone call to set up a date and time to meet, it just felt right. I wanted to be her friend, I wanted her to help us plan, and she even put up with us visiting a second time just because. In the rain.

Well that email totally brought me down and put me in a place that I never thought I would be. She told me that she was no longer going to be the coordinator for our wedding. I cried. A good cry for the second time during planning. I understand why she needs to step away from event planning (for the record it's personal and has nothing to do with the venue) but I just never thought it would happen to me. I have read soooo many horror stories of brides in the same situation where the things they were promised previously were taken away or the new coordinator wasn't as great as the first and behaved unprofessionally on their wedding day.

It took me a long time to be able to write Bethany back, but I finally sat down and did it this evening. I expressed my concerns, explained that she played a role in our decision of booking, but I also wished her the best. I didn't want her to feel like I was mad at her for stepping away because I know it must have been a difficult decision for her. I still want to be friends with her, and I still really want her to be a part of the 9 months I have left of planning and of our big day.

I am glad that I have kept all of our emails so that I can at least try to prevent everything from being ruined. I am however already disappointed with the new coordinator as she has not phoned or emailed since I found out of the change. I hope that she is the first one to make contact though. I know the two of them are probably really busy with going over all of the events that the new coordinator has to take over. I hope anyway, because Bethany did say that she would bring her "up to speed" on our event. Which hopefully includes previous email conversations.

I guess we'll see how it goes. You can bet I will blog about it :)

Has anyone else been through a change of coordinators? How did it work out for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment