Monday, November 8, 2010

My Little White Dress: Part 2

Again, Mr. ATC, this post is about my dress so please don’t read any further. Thanks! Love, Miss DNA



We left off with me trying to choose between two very different dresses. I loved them both for different reasons and could see myself in either dress. The first dress was actually my favorite for the majority of the appointment and is the one that was there because of the trunk show. I had it on for a long time, and even hesitated to keep looking, but my mom saw a dress on another bride who was there and said she would like me to try that one on too. When I first saw it, I wasn’t sure that I would like it, but I tried it on anyway. It quickly became a favorite as well.

To try and top both of the dresses, I tried on many more dresses in different styles. But I kept coming back to those two. So I decided to put on the second dress again, because another bride came in and had on the first dress. I loved this second dress it was traditional and romantic, and I just didn’t know if I wanted a traditional dress or a modern dress. The major problem I was having was that we hadn’t even booked a venue yet, how was I supposed to know which dress would fit my wedding best when I didn’t have a setting yet?

I stood in front of the mirrors trying to picture my wedding day looking at myself and then at the other bride with the first dress on. The first dress had a corset back and the second dress sample did not, but my consultant said we could always add that to the second dress. As I stood there trying to decide, my wonderful consultant said that I was glowing in the second dress. I was leaning more toward it because it was so romantic, traditional and classic. The modern dress was elegant and simple, but I wasn’t leaning toward it because I kept looking at it and thinking how much more simple it looked compared to the second dress. It also had a much longer train and I felt it would overwhelm me because of how short I am. It also had some bling on the train which I didn’t see when I had it on but could see on the other bride, and I wasn’t loving that.

At some point (still in the second dress trying to decide) they put a veil on me and the manager of the store was over talking to me and the other bride, as we were the only ones in the store. She loved the second dress as well. Everyone loved it too.

I never had that overwhelming feeling that this is THE dress, but I knew I loved it, and I knew I wanted to wear it on my wedding day. When my consultant asked if this was the dress and I said yes and hugged my mom, we both got teary. And then the rush of ordering and getting measured started.

Remember from this post where my mom went to check out my dress? Wanna see her?

Here she is: 


Personal Photo taken by Mama DNA

The back, not done up, just pinned: 


Personal Photo taken by Mama DNA

Time for her close up: 


Personal Photo taken by Mama DNA

These pictures make me fall in love with her all over again. I cannot wait (!) to try her on again! 

Did you choose your dress the first time you went shopping? Or did you shop around for a while before making the decision? 

----------------
P.s It's my birthday today! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment