Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Little White Dress: Part 3


Okay Mr. ATC, this is the last post about my dress for a while, but please don’t read it. Thanks! Love, Miss DNA



So in the days following ordering my dress, I kept second-guessing my decision. I didn’t have a reaction like you see on ‘say yes to the dress’, the color is gold, which is not a traditional option and was afraid of what some people may think. I expressed my feelings to my mom and MOH who kept reassuring me that no one would care about the color. My mom also kept asking if I wanted her to cancel the order because she wanted me to be happy and didn’t want to loose the money that she just put down on the dress. Of course we didn’t cancel the dress, and I never wanted to, I just needed to be reassured a few times that I had made the right decision.

I knew once I saw her again, that I would fall in love with her all over again, and I did, even if I wasn’t there in person. And when I get to try her on, I will truly know that I made the right decision.

I was also lucky enough to have people with me who offered their opinions, but also knew that ultimately, the decision was mine. They never pushed me to make a decision that day, and neither did the consultant. I also didn’t feel pulled in 100 directions or confused or overwhelmed with what they told me. There were some dresses that I knew right away that I didn’t like, but showed them to get their opinions and for the most part, we all agreed.

I loved my dress shopping experience, and I am glad that I got the dress decision done with so early in the engagement because it gave me the ability to focus on everything else without having to think about when I was going to find time to shop.

Also, I believe my dress fits perfectly with our venue and style of wedding that we both want. I can’t wait to wear and show Mr. ATC the choice in dress that I made, and I can’t wait to marry him! :) 

Did you second guess your dress decision? Did you cancel your first dress and start again? Or did you just need some reassuring like me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment