Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Little White Dress: Part 1


Sorry Mr. ATC, this post is NOT for you! Kindly read no further and go do your homework or something. Thank you much! Love, Miss DNA



As soon as I got back to my mom’s from Europe, we went dress shopping. I didn’t really intend to buy a dress, but I thought it would be nice to shop with my mom, sister, and MOH–especially because my mom so generously offered to purchase my dress as her wedding gift to me. We had all been looking through a few magazines and I decided I liked the dresses by Demetrio’s. We looked up the closest one, which didn’t end up being that far and called to make an appointment. We went the Monday after the Fourth of July and they ended up having a trunk sale. Score!

I walked through the rows of dresses with my consultant who picked dresses based on the styles I told her I liked. We quickly had several dresses and headed to a fitting room. I tried on so many dresses I can barely remember them all. I liked so many of them and could imagine myself wearing more than one. But in the end it came down to two. And they were very different in style.

Here they are:

Modern elegance with a touch of bling


Or the blinged out traditional romance  


I thought about sleeping on it and coming back later, but one of the dresses was only there for the trunk show, everything would be on sale because of the trunk show, and it would take 5-6 months to get the dress once it was ordered (well we all know that it didn’t take quite that long).

We did end up ordering one of the dresses that day. Which one do you think it was? (No cheating if you know the answer! :))

-----------

P.s today is officially our anniversary. 7 years on the 7th :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment