Saturday, September 25, 2010

When Your Dream Day Becomes a Nightmare

I had my first second wedding-related dream within 2 months of our engagement. It involved our photographer and an engagement photo session. We recently meet with our photographer and we fell in love he is so amazing and up for anything. Well this aspect of course translated into my dream nightmare. The photo shoot (in the dream) started out great. We got those amazing shots at sunset that I have been obsessing over.















However, in the dream I was feeling a little dissatisfied and I wanted to keep shooting. So we changed locations and I was trying to change wardrobes in the dream for a loooong time. It seemed like everywhere I went, there were people and I couldn’t change my clothing. Finally I managed to change and went out to where the shoot was being set up. It was a DISASTER.

For some reason it involved trains? More or less like this:



I have no clue where that came from unless of course it stemmed from our transportation themed shoot that we had discussed in real life (you know, since Mr. ATC is an air traffic controller) Anyway, I was mortified, but couldn’t speak my mind. I was even further upset when I looked down at my outfit and saw I was wearing jeans and a T-Shirt for our ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS! I quickly got over it and tried to pose for photos when suddenly the whole thing was over? Everyone started packing things up. I realized it was because I took so long to change. I was on the verge of tears because we would literally have very few photos when I woke up…

Normally I don’t worry too much about my dreams. However, I am prone to anxiety dreams, as I call them. Throughout college I was plagued by these night terrors relating to upcoming tests, projects, etc. I just didn’t realize I would encounter them throughout my wedding planning. As I started writing this, I realized it has not been my only wedding nightmare and we had only been engaged for 2 months! The first one was actually just a few weeks after we got engaged where I dreamt that I lost my engagement ring while sleeping. This of course most likely came from the fact that I sleep on my left side with my left hand under the pillow! (I know I know, I should really think about taking it off while I sleep, but I love it too much :)).

Has anyone else dreamt about their engagement photos-good or bad? I know this will probably not be the last time I do as we haven’t even set up a date to shoot yet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment