Saturday, September 18, 2010

Colorize Me!

What is it about color that makes me so indecisive!? The first question people usually ask me is “What are your wedding colors?” And I just want to scream at them that I have NO CLUE! But honestly that would be socially unacceptable. But it is true people. I have no clue.

I love color. I love all most colors equally. Our wedding is a summer wedding in August so I want the colors to be fun and summery but I nixed yellow from the beginning. Yes it’s true, my room used to be kayak yellow, but I digress. Yellow has its place in the rainbow, just not at my wedding. So that left every other color under the sun to choose from.




Someone told me to think about my favorite outfit and the colors involved. That was easy. Purple. I love wearing deep shades of purple and I also happen to love wearing deep shades of red and blue. Which are the colors I keep coming back to.

The problem: all of those colors together just don’t seem summery. They seem fall or wintery. So I wanted to stick with just one of those deep colors and add accents that brightened and lightened.

I love this purple and green combo




But I fear that it seems too trendy and looking back at my photos I don’t want to have “what the eff was I thinking!?” thoughts. So that makes me want to go with more “traditional” wedding colors. But what are traditional colors exactly? Who knows, but I was thinking something romantic that would look good in photos.

We both like this scheme. I showed this to the FH before actually thinking it through. Yes, a moment of over-excited bride.




While the colors are great, I don’t think they will go well with my dress since it is champagne. But how do I explain that to him? I also fear that it would be to dark.

Anyway, I keep coming back to purple so I just need to figure out a good scheme to fit our formal, romantic feel.

Help this bride out! What summer colors look good with purple? 

No comments:

Post a Comment