Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Bride and the Three Venues

As soon as I got back from Europe, I signed up for the Knot and immediately started researching venues. I never thought that I would really start visiting venues soon, but had fun looking at places. Then Mr. ATC suggested we start actually visiting places so I agreed and we looked at his favorite place first.

Enter Boulder Ridge at Ski Liberty












We both liked this venue. It had a hotel on location and provided catering. However, we have season passes to ski here and I felt that it wouldn’t be as special of a wedding venue. Also I was going for a more elegant and romantic atmosphere.


Enter Ceresville Mansion









We both liked this venue more than the first. It had a great bridal suite for getting ready which Liberty lacked and also had on site catering. However, it was the most expensive, already had an afternoon wedding on the day that we were looking at, which meant we were not the only wedding that day, and the space overall was not that large. I really felt the reception area was cramped and that guests didn’t really have an option to go anywhere. And there was no on site hotel.


Enter Antrim 1844










 At first look we both fell in love! I was most skeptical about this venue because the website has not been updated in about 10+ years and I feared that it would be run down. However, this is a classic case of not judging something by its cover (or in this case, its advertisement). The main mansion is quite large with 2 formal sitting rooms and a dining room where we can choose to have the cocktail hour. The grounds are extremely well kept and sprawling. There is so much to see and do and so many places to take gorgeous pictures. And also provides places for people to roam. It has on site catering and rooms for our guests. They also only take on one wedding per day, which will make it feel more special. Antrim will also provide a room for the girls to get ready and Mr. ATC and I also get to use that room the night of- For FREE. Like I said –We fell in love. 

And that was that. We didn’t consider another venue and made our final decision soon after.

Fun Fact: One night Mr. ATC and I had a “secret ballot” where we each ranked the venues from 1-3, 1 being our favorite. We ranked them the same: Antrim, Liberty, Ceresville. It was fate.

Did you hike your little bride booty all over creation to find the “perfect fit” or was it easy to choose once you found “the one”?


No comments:

Post a Comment