Sunday, December 5, 2010

Peacock Inspired Wedding

So I think we have finally decided on colors for the wedding. After this post, I sort of stopped thinking about colors for a while because I didn't want to obsess and pressure myself into making a decision. So I just sat on it for a while.

One night while we were out for dinner a few weeks ago, I asked Mr. ATC his opinion on the colors of the wedding. I told him that I was really liking purple but couldn't decide what other colors to go with it. He told me that he really liked blue. I tried to think of how we could incorporate both colors for the wedding, but I didn't want a navy or royal blue with the purple because I thought the colors were too dark together.

Then I started researching blue weddings to see if there was anything out there that I liked with blue as a main color. That's when I came across peacock themed weddings. I realized that I had seen this color combo previously during the very beginning of our engagement and had forgotten about it.







Also from my previous color blog entry, I also liked the purple and green combo, but these shades seem to fit together much more nicely.  This blue is a little more teal, and I would prefer a "peacock blue" which is actually not as dark as the peacock feather. I have a timbuk 2 messenger bag with a peacock blue panel and I really love the color. Why not incorporate it into our wedding? 

So I again turned to google images to try and find a palette that I liked. Since I couldn't find one, I made one myself by taking pieces of others that I did like. I also added gold to the palette to tie in my gown and add a little elegance. 


sources starting in top left corner to the right
12, 34
bottom left to right
56789

Making one of these in photoshop was way easier than I thought it was going to be, so don't be afraid to try it for yourself! I seriously have no knowledge of photoshop but all I did was cut and paste. The edges are not perfect like the ones you find on the internet, but I was able to choose the pictures that I liked. 

The green is definitely going to be an accent color and mostly seen in the flowers. The gold is also an accent color but with more presence than the green. I also titled this post as a peacock inspired wedding because I don't actually want any peacock feathers at the wedding. The inspiration came from the colors found in the feathers, but I don't want the overall theme to be peacock. 

I still can't decide between having plum bridesmaids dresses or peacock blue. Sister DNA who is also a bridesmaid) will be visiting me later this month, so we will be going shopping to see what we like better. If we go with the plum, I kind of hesitate giving the groomsmen plum ties. I want the men to be comfortable with what they are wearing as well. Either way, I would be happy. I showed my palette to Mr. ATC and he really liked it. He was also impressed with my photoshop skills :) 

It has been a few weeks since I shared these colors with my mom, MOH, sister, and fellow bride-to-be friend. They all really liked it too. I haven't blogged about it before now because I didn't want to change my mind again, but now I am sure that we won't. The plum is what I wanted, and the peacock blue satisfies Mr. ATC's want for blue at the wedding. So we both win :) 

Which color bridesmaids dresses do you like better? 


No comments:

Post a Comment